STAYING HOME ON YOUR OWN
“Home Alone” is a 4 hour safety course geared towards preparing children to stay at home on their own for short periods of time after school. Children must be supervised by a responsible adult and it is necessary that there be an adult available to help in an emergency.
The content of the course helps students to understand how to prevent and handle problems and keep themselves constructively occupied.
- Safety audit of the home
- Handling phone calls and visitors
- Key Safety – making a key chain is included
- Walking home
- What to do when at home
- Television, internet and phone use
- Handling Emergencies
- Parent not getting home
- Basic First Aid
- Electrical safety
- Preparing healthy snacks – students will prepare a nutritious snack
- Students will make a keychain to take home & will prepare a healthy snack
SEE UPCOMING EVENTS & REGISTER
Please note: Courses held at Clarington Public Library must be booked directly with the library. Please contact Clarington Library at (905)623-7322 x 2712 or visit them online to register. Courses held at Premiere Dance in Cobourg and Cobourg Public Library are booked through React Right.